Article Write-up

Article Write-up

My role in the newspaper front page was writing the articles, both the main story and the secondary story. The main story was regarding the horrible weather that swept over the UK on the week beginning 26th February 2018. In order to find out more about the context of the story, I had to go online to check what has been said about it both from meteorologists and from TFL generals and even the Mayor of London. Due to the newspaper being a tabloid, I tried not to make it look too formal yet I wanted it to be informative for readers just like an actual newspaper would do. The idea was to write it in the time period when the storm was initially starting, hence the date. I also realised that it would be extremely vague if I had to write the whole article for the front page so it was cut short and continued on a following page. In a real newspaper this would bring a reader in and make them want to buy the newspaper as well as informing readers that the weather forecast is inside.

For the second article, I chose to make it a different type of story as the main one. It was decided that I would make it sport related- about a basketball team to be specific. There were 2 pictures taken, one of 5 people that formed a team and one of a person on their own who became the Captain. The team picture could not fit properly so only the singular picture was put into the newspaper. I had to create a backstory for them in order to create context and make them look as real as possible. I also included a quote from the team captain that gave his view on the team's performance. Like the main story I only included a teaser of what would be inside the main newspaper and made it have to be continued within the newspaper. The people who read the story are likely to be fans of sport, basketball or the team so also including that there is a list of scores and fixtures on the back would also act as a plug and advertise what is in the newspaper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vogue timeline

Beyonce's "Formation"